PTA Executive Board Members:
President - Anya Rankin-Christian
Vice President - Natalya Bodden
Treasurer - Franceska Scott-Groves
Secretary - Anjuli Bradshaw
Events Coordinator - Chanze Dawson
Principal - Paul Samuel
Teacher Representative - Frauleen Brown
The goals and objectives of the West End Primary School (WEPS) PTA are:
To Serve as a Bridge between Parents and Staff:
- Facilitate communication between parents, staff and principal.
- Welcome new families to WEPS through our PTA Meetings and Family Fun Nights.
- As a PTA Board, provide structure and leadership to our school community.
- Provide a safe playground with field improvements as necessary.
- Support modern technology in our classrooms.
- Coordinate and recruit an Executive Board, committee chairpersons,and volunteers.
- Promote students’ sense of responsibility, citizenship, self-care and compassion through special events and traditions.
- Support WEPS’ Staff in their endeavors.
Keeping Kids Safe:
- Support programs that promote healthy choices and the well being of children.
Support Teachers and Staff:
- Work collaboratively with school staff.
- Honor our teachers and staff on Teacher Appreciation Day.
Keep Fundraising Simple and Effective:
- Utilize fundraising that is effective and efficient. These include our Glow Walk-A-Thon, Talent Show and Donations.
Advocate for our Children:
- Provide parent education through PTA events and other sources.
- Be advocates at the District Level and beyond.
Review and Evaluation of PTA Programs:
- Continually review and evaluate the relevance of our current PTA programs.
- Create, propose and implement PTA programs that address the evolving need of our changing student population.
We expect that through the culmination of these PTA Goals and Objectives, WEPS will be a school that excels in the academic standards and provides a learning environment that fosters a well-rounded child. We hope that our students’ experiences at Mission prepare them for the future.