The School is located half a mile from the central George Town area, at #163 School Road. It can also be approached from North Church Street via Mary Street at Edward Avenue. The Airport and major commercial and retail facilities are nearby.
The Mission of the Cayman Islands Education Department
The Mission of the Cayman Islands Government School System, as the embodiment of the distinctive ideals and values of the Caymanian people, is to develop the full and unique potential of all students, challenging them to assume a productive and fulfilling role in a stable multi-cultural society distinguished by rapid growth, through an educational system characterized by visionary leaders, caring and committed teachers, a responsible partnership with parents and the community, and a varied and relevant curriculum.
Our Mission Statement
The Mission of George Town Primary School, located in a multi-faceted business community, is to produce competent, disciplined students, utilizing a comprehensive curriculum, taught by a caring and dynamic staff in partnership with parents and the community.
The Aims of George Town Primary School
- To provide a caring and stimulating environment where the natural functions of growing and learning can proceed unhindered.
- To foster in our children attitudes, values and work habits which will allow them to derive maximum benefit from their environment in school and beyond.
- To effectively convey to our pupils the content of a curriculum which is seen to be relevant to their needs here in the Cayman Islands and in the wider world.
George Town Primary School at a glance:
- · School Counsellor
- · School Nurse
- · ESL Teacher
- · Instrumental Music Teacher
- · Character Education
- · School website
- · Dependable weekly and monthly written communication with parents
- · ICT Teacher
- · 70% Certified teachers hold advanced degrees
- · Average class size: 21
- · Average daily attendance of 96%
- · New families' orientation
- · After-school remediation/extension
- · Before and After School Care Programme
- · Breakfast programme
- · CAP (Cognitive Accelerated Programme)
- · MATH-A-THON
- · SPELL-A-THON
- · Family Nights
- · Students' Recognition Assembly
- · Dance groups
- · Parent workshops
- · Fab Fridays
- · Lunchtime Extra Curricular Activities
Principal's Award – Students who demonstrate high academic achievement will qualify for the Principal's Awards. These will be awarded at end- of-term Awards Ceremonies.
Honour Roll: Students who are on the Principal's Award for all 3 semesters are automatically placed on Honour Roll at the end of the school year. Students are recognised at the End- of -Year Honour Roll Reception.
Most Improved: Students who have shown improvement in all academic areas each term.
Student of the Month: Each teacher selects one student every month that exemplifies good citizenship within the classroom and the school community.
The student is recognised with a certificate at the SRA Monthly Assembly and receives a special luncheon in their honour.